Out-of-State Patients

Will you need access to medical cannabis on your next trip to Hawaii? We have options.

Option 1

I have a medical cannabis card in my home state

Exciting news! The State of Hawaii is launching an Out-of-State (OS) program this spring. This will allow you access medical cannabis here in Hawaii after you register your current home state’s card with the Department of Health.

Learn more http://health.hawaii.gov/medicalcannabisregistry/travel

How do I participate?

Coming soon! The program is scheduled to launch spring 2019.

Already packed your bags?

There may be an option for you. Learn more here.

Still planning you visit? Here’s what to expect:

  1. Complete a quick and easy online registration on the Department of Health website that validates your home-state medical cannabis card information.

  2. Pay a fee of $49.50.

  3. Once your card is approved, you will receive a digital Hawaii 329 card valid for 60 days, which can be renewed for up to an additional 60-day term.

Option 2

I don’t have a medical cannabis card from a US state or jurisdiction

Hawaii does not have a residency requirement to get an instate 329 card, so you can obtain a card on your visit if you are here for an extended visit. You must allow at least a week to complete the process.

Learn more here.